2.18.2013

Klein Fat Man Telecaster pickup set



So, I finally got to try the Fat Man telecaster set on our trusted British Glory mod Tiny Terror.

I was looking for some pickups that allow me to get the most of my old telecaster with my british voiced amps (both the Marshall JCM800 and British Glory mod Tiny Terror).
Regular tele pickups are so thin and trebly... I was looking for a beefier tone, with a solid bass response and maybe a less extreme high frequencies response (I hate ice peak notes).


Klein is a small company who produces quality hand made pickups. After asking for advice to mr Klein himself, I bought this Fat Man set.

These pickups have a distinctive P90 flavour, with enough output to overdrive your amp just hitting the strings harder, when playing at low gain levels.

The Fat Man set has a pretty aggressive sound, notes are thick and full.
Klen describes this set as "Fat, full, warm bass with thick mids, and a clean clear presence in the top register" and he absuletely got it right.

Fat Man pickups are a great way to give more "body" to the classic tele sound. With these pickups you will be able to get the most from your tele and your british style amp.

GEAR LIST:
The guitar used on this test is a '92 Made In Mexico tele, which was completely stripped down to bare wood some years ago.
The amp is my Brtish Glory mod Tiny Terror, and the cabinet is a Marshall 1936 with G12H30 speakers.
A classic SM57 mic was used for these recordings.


 
Learn more about the British Glory mod kit >

Upgrade your Tiny Terror with the British Glory Mod

Info and support : gearupgrade4u@gmail.com




No comments :

Post a Comment